Tuesday 3 February 2015

Sugar....oh Honey! Honey!

      I hardly take sugar unless it comes with rice, pasta, desserts, other food and drinks that I consume at eateries. I guess sipping my father's sugar free drinks (he was a borderline diabetic) got me into this habit. Also the fact that once upon a time I was allergic to so many foodstuff including chocolates. I absolutely adore desserts though. A good thing I don't live next door to a bakery or makcik kuih.
      There was a time when I had to carry sachets of sugar in my bag for when I had the shakes. A couple of friends would remember having to go out for sugar when they dropped by - because I forgot to stock up the precious stuff for my guests. Teruk betul kan!! 
      I wasn't the least concerned when we had sugar rationing - the 2kgs I bought remained unopened until I moved back to mak's.....2 years or so later.
      But there's something sweet that I MUST have almost on a daily basis......honey! How I love this stuff. I go gaga when I spot the honey jars lining the shelves at supermarkets/pharmacies/organic food stores. Like this one.........


      I need no excuse to pick up yet another pot of honey. My latest collection.....




They seem to finish in no time when my grandkids are around. Most times honey goes into my........









Sometimes this happens.......

      So I think it's time I visit a.......

 
Seems that we have lots of these in Malaysia - at Melaka, Cameron Highlands, Sabah to name a few.
      Any one game to Cuti2 Malaysia with me?? I promise to be "sweet" on you..... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment