Thursday 11 October 2012

me can do oso.... :D

      I'm known for sleeping after dawn and getting up at the crack of lunch. Well, folks....no more!! At least not for the last week or so. They say it's difficult to teach an old dog new tricks....I can attest to that! It took 52 years!! Even as a kid, I would get up at past midnight and read till it's time to "get up" for school. That was how I managed to go through the entire primary school/class library. I was actually given an award for this  :D

      My parents were pretty concerned about my "vampire" hours at one point...but our doctor placated them by saying that children born at night tend to stay awake during the night. Hence, my total freedom to zzzz as I please. Then came boarding school...which meant fixed "sleeping hours". Mannn...THAT was tough! Thank goodness for brightly lighted corridors which allowed for reading [after inspection].

      All through my life, I have managed to survive on very little sleep. Yet, I don't doze off in class/at work...well, not often anyway. I've lost track of the number of times I've gone straight to work/social functions after sleepless nights. Some thought I suffer from insomnia...nahhh...I sleep fine.

      It does help that I have this constitution for sleeping almost anywhere...on couches, under tables, in the open air, on hammocks, in wing chairs [Zai can vouch for this!!] - in fact, any space that has good ventilation and the ground doesn't move. Funny enough, I can't sleep much on planes, in cars, buses...ie moving vehicles. Hence, the reason I get restless when I have to travel long distances. Maybe trains could help. I must try this [and I don't mean the Komuter/LRT].

      So, don't be offended if you don't get a response to phone calls and SMS after 10.30pm okay...I'm probably dead to the world!!

      There's really something addictive to sleeping before the witching hour.....  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment