Tuesday 25 June 2013

Angry with God....or with themselves?

            I have friends who are angry with God. They blame God for almost everything that go wrong with their lives. This is on top of blaming every one else. Except themselves.
            These friends of mine are super smart beings - straight As, single aggregate for MCE sort. Both went to UK for tertiary studies. One graduated with flying colours and went on to become a genius in his field. The other made it through A levels by the skin of his teeth. And didn't manage to add on to that despite being given a second chance.
            The genius left formal employment in his early 30s. I heard from him again in the late 90s. He was divorced and living on his own quite close to where I stayed then. He had become an atheist. A pretty angry one. He used to rave and rant about religion and religious folks. He severed ties with his parents. Contracted cancer along the way.
            No2 went on to work for, in my opinion, a jerk. Became a PA of sorts. Loved his work as he could party all week long - at someone else's expense. He went on to lose faith in God and called his jerk-boss God instead. Along the way he got into serious trouble and left his "God". And went back to living with mom.
            No1 had patched up with his parents when I met him a couple of years ago. Seemed to have mellowed too. No longer raving about religion, religious folks or God. Only that he has his own version of religion.
            No2 is still living with mom. Fed by mom. Don't want to try anything for fear of failing. Don't want to meet friends for fear of having to explain things.
            They both have certain common traits. They have a lot of fear. Disguised as "I don't care" about what others think, about anything.
             And both are afraid of death. When I asked No1 why he was so afraid of death when he believes it to be just one long sleep, he got silent. He still hasn't answered me. I don't think he has an answer.
            No2 said that all he wants is toilet space in heaven. When I asked him why he believes in heaven and hell when he doesn't believe in God, he couldn't answer me then. He still can't answer me now.
            I believe that both are afraid to be Muslims. They both know quite a lot about Islam. Both were born Muslims. Somewhere along the way, they got too scared to admit that they've erred, sinned, whatever. They refused to be accountable for these sins. So they berate God instead.
            And when I told them that God doesn't care whether they believe in Him or not, they got upset. When I told them that God will still shower them with whatever is due to them until they die, they got upset. When I told them that God doesn't need them, they got upset. When I told them that they're upset because they want God to notice them and give them preferential treatment, they got upset.
            Such angry souls. Such hungry souls. Such empty souls.
            I pray they find God before they go..........

No comments:

Post a Comment