Thursday 18 July 2013

LGBT.....live with it!

            I have friends in this category.  Some seem comfortable being so. Some not.
            I guess it's tough being one in a country like Malaysia. It's a muslim nation. And muslims tend to view LGBTs differently. Islam terms you a "depraved" people. The Malay term for it is "perbuatan di luar tabii". The Bible depicts your actions as "gross immorality" and going after "strange flesh"
             Given that scenario, I would think LGBTs would be very well prepared to be embarassed, humiliated even and, generally, "censored". In fact, it's pretty amazing that Malaysians, in general, have accepted you in our midst. So some of us stare at you. That's only natural methinks. They also ogle at the sexy dames and jocks. Also at the ladies shrouded in black from head to toe and the people with tri-coloured hair, rings and tattoos. 
            A lot of us like to stare and ogle. It's some sort of culture with the Malaysians I figure. So when we see a horse with stripes like a zebra, we tend to stare. Just because you're different. That's all.
            Then you want us muslims to respect and bless your actions. That's tough for us. Well, for me at least. I cannot and would not say "aye" to your marriage or relationships. I may be able to tolerate it but I just cannot condone or endorse it. Makes it even more difficult for me when you call yourself a muslim.
            And that's my right. Just as you have the right to live your life your way. My opinion shouldn't matter to you if you're really comfortable being yourself. I've always believed that "kalau berani buat, beranilah tanggung" [if u dare to do it, then be prepared to face the consequences].
            Go ahead and call me outdated, conservative etc. I'm okay with that. But don't you dare slur my religion just because it doesn't agree with you.
            Being different will always get you attention. Both of the positive and negative kind. Live with it! And quit whining!
            
           

No comments:

Post a Comment