Monday 12 August 2013

PRU13 - the aftermath...on a personal front

            I was never much into politics. Still not much into it now too. Maybe just a little more attentive than before.
            I still am not into newspapers - regardless of whose publication it is. Too pessimistic. Too filled with complaints, whines, groans, moans. Definitely not my recipe for a good start to the day. But I'll still click whatever links are posted on fb. I figure I could tolerate moderate doses of slime and grime.....
            In the aftermath to the much awaited PRU13, I have to say:
1.    I'm glad it's all over;
2.    I'm glad BN won despite all adversities;
3.    I'm glad that the rakyat is more open to speaking up [eventhough some opinions make me nauseous/roll my eyes]. At least I get a glimpse into the myriad personalities that make up my fellow Malaysians;
4.    I'm glad to discover there are fair-minded, level-headed rakyat out there whose views aren't clouded with party affiliations;
5.    I'm glad to forge new friendships with people I don't even know from Adam just because we agree to opine courteously - thanks to social networking;
6.    I'm glad for the opportunity to agree to disagree and yet remain civil;
7.    I'm glad for relationships taken to a "closer" level with certain individuals in my life - I get an insight into why they support whomever they support;
8.    I'm glad there was no May 13th like incident;
9.    I'm glad that despite all the rascism etc rampant in the tabloids and social networks, out there in the real world [at least in mine], all is hunky-dory among the many ethnic races;
10.  I'm glad for aidilfitri which gives respite to all that strife and fosters goodwill - even if it's only for a while;
11.  I'm glad that people are generally still kind to each other despite their differences. I've yet to hear of folks asking about party affiliations before they assist!
            There are many things we aren't happy about. But that doesn't mean we should complain incessantly and blame the powers that be about every single thing that goes wrong with our lives. It's amazing what people bitch about these days!
            I do have my wishlist with regards to the ruling party. I'm not blind to their shortcomings. And I'm sending out prayers that they wouldn't continue blinding themselves to these. They can't continue pushing their luck at every quarter.
            There'll be PRU14 in a few years where I'll get to exercise my right again, God willing....So buck up BN and deliver your promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment