Tuesday 7 May 2013

The day after.......posted the day after ;)


          It's the day after the big GE aka PRU13. I didn't sleep at all yesterday - just too jittery, and later a mix of relief, disbelief, excitement, thankfulness.
          Life, then, went back to normal. Iris had fallen asleep on my chaise lounge. She woke up from a nightmare. I comforted her and she went back to sleep. Faiz, the politics enthusiast - still engrossed with the goings-on of the PRU13 aftermath. Me reading the postings from disgruntled Malaysians splattered all over my fb timeline. Also the predominantly restrained postings of jubilant BN members. Many of my friends' profile pics had been blacked out so I went on to find out why. Aaaah okay. A protest of sorts. They're mourning and moaning and I could empathise with that - losing ain't fun and easily embraced.
          I came across postings by several PAS ustaz. I like most of it - bits of advice on conduct, redha and the like. I like the fact that they haven't spewed hellfire and brimstone and call their people to war. Unlike a certain political party.
          A bit later, my fb timeline was reminiscent of the pre-PRU13 circus. Aduuuuuiiiii!! A good thing there were postings of divine looking cats, kids, scenery interspersed among the same old, same old. Banglas never got such "advertisement/promotion" before I'm pretty sure. "Penat" already!
          How we are so fond of believing every single thing that agrees with our suspicion. Without due thought or investigation. Some of the stuff posted veered on the ridiculous, yet it garnered such attention and spread fervently.
          "Kesian" the local Indians who were mistaken for Banglas. "Kesian" the helpers at the polling stations yang "kena maki hamun" because of their affiliation with SPR. "Kesian" TNB "yang dituduh berkomplot menggelapkan" several voting stations. "Kesian" those who vouched for the lack of such shenanigans...and got bashed and suspected of being in cahoots with the big, bad wolf.
          "Kesian" Malaysia for being accused of lack of democracy and "kukubesi".
          "Kesian" kita yang sangat sukar untuk menerima kekalahan. To quote my son [a devout PAS member], "Facebook is swarmed with jiwa2 luka. Syg betul. Ramai yg msh xfhm erti berjuang...padahal hikmah punyalah besar Allah tunjuk. Inilah problem jika berjuang untuk menang semata2....tanpa prinsip...tanpa ilmu...". He went on to say, "Ilmu bukan untuk dibaca atau di"quote". Ilmu untuk difaham. Kebanyakan religious post bkn from 1st hand experience pun. Just share or copy....mmg la dpt phala sebarkn kebaikn klau kena niat..tp rugi la hati tak diisi...the challenge of being umat Google instead of umat ilmu..."
          And I smile....and thank my lucky stars [yet again] that this "anak orang lain" [bless her] calls me "mummy"  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment