Saturday 26 January 2013

I grew up here.....at TKC....



          A home away from home. A commune of sorts. With a family like no other. Where privacy didn't exist. Where I spent 9 months out of every year - for 5 consecutive years.
          My "recall" leaves much to be desired. I can't remember what I ate at the dining hall. Either it was too traumatic to be ingrained in my mind or it was so-so, hence, my memory categorised it as forgettable. But, however much I try, I couldn't forget a particularly horrible biscuit and the chemical-like drink that was served with it. Ugghh!
          I remember:
1)   being sent to detention class for coming back late from home leave. My brother's fault entirely! He stopped for jagung rebus and air tebu at Kajang. There were several others with me during detention. We had to clean the staff room. But what riled me is the fact that detention was abolished right after that! Pfffffttttt!!;
2)    one time during Mod Maths class, we didn't want Mr Ng to erase the board as we hadn't finished copying. He coolly turned around and said, "Girls, I'm 28 years old and I cannot wait any longer.";
3)    Mr Goh buying me ice cream every time I became the ball picker during his tennis games;
4)    nonchalantly walking past the guards and out the school gate - without permission! Rode the bus into town...and bumped into Cik Rokiah at NS Supermarket. I smiled at her cheekily. She gave us a ride back to college. Cik Rokiah, you're cool!
5)    form 4K getting the "dirtiest class" award [bluerk] twice when I was class councillor
6)    Pak Tah [the canteen operator] passing leftover canteen food to us at 4K during prep time, Ramadhan
7)    sleeping through prep and "agama" talk [didn't know the word "kuliah" then]
8)    the midnight feasts
9)    the fire drills in the dead of night
10)  losing socks. Traumatic for athletes like me.
11)  Cik Mahiran with her whistle and looooong ruler
12)   eating crackers and peanut butter at all hours
13)   the noise level during sahur
14)   "bodek-ing" our Biology teacher to have class outdoors - he conceded. We didn't learn anything much!
15)   Mr Lim's Brut scent - which irritated my sinuses
16)   April Fool pranks.....
          Hey! Come to think of it, I do remember quite a fair bit!
          However, what I cherish most is the friends I met here. Friends who are more "family" than my own family. To all the "girls" - I'm privileged to have met you.
          I love you xx
 
         
         
         

No comments:

Post a Comment