Thursday 17 January 2013

life throws you strawberries most times.....2

          Less than a couple of hours after I posted the earlier article, life throws me strawberries. Most unexpectedly. Alhamdulillah. Nothing major. Just....more than I expected.
          I was thinking of nasi lemak or rather I thought that I was only going to get nasi lemak for breakfast. I had more or less given up on getting mihun, my favourite breakfast food, since my brother hasn't been well of late. So there I was, resigned to the fact that I'll have another nasi lemak breakfast. Aaaaah....but life had other plans for me!
          When I got downstairs, my sis-in-law greeted me with, "Baru nak call Kak Ijan. Hari ni semua Kak Ijan punya favourite." And indeed it was! I bought from her egg and sardine sandwiches and mihun. I bought two portions thinking that my student will be here at 12 noon. And yet again, life had other plans for me....
          You see, when my student texted me earlier, I didn't actually feel like conducting tuition at noon. I wanted it to be at 2pm. But I figured that would inconvenience her as she normally comes over at circa noon most times. So I didn't want to upset her schedule.
          Guess what? She texted me about ten minutes later to ask if she could postpone class to 2pm! Yessss! Perrrrrrfect!
          And that breakfast/brunch that I bought for her? I gave it to my granddaughter who had just gotten home from sekolah agama. Her eyes lit up at the mention of egg sandwiches. Another happy person! Yea...!
          When you believe that life throws you strawberries most times, you get strawberries.... ;)

2 comments:

  1. You're so blessed Ijan!!! I wanna be like you :D See things differently in positive ways in all levels... teach me k??

    ReplyDelete