Sunday 27 January 2013

life...made simple!

          If I were a cynic, I'd say that earth is populated by whiners, whingers, and whatever other term used to describe the hard-to-please folks. Life doesn't seem to be able to please them one iota! I always imagine that they go to bed feeling disgruntled, and wake up all afresh with a whole set of complaints! To them, life is about seeing the "bad" side to everything - even in the "good" situations.
          And how they endeavour to let the entire world know of their grouses. Social networking sites definitely make this easier for them . The world wide web offers new avenues for the propagation of complaints. So much so , the less disgruntled, happier-with-their-lot-in-life folks have to contend with a barrage of "life isn't fair" screams. S.I.G.H.......
          How about making life a lot simpler? Much happier? Less stressful? Since noone has come up with a "happy pill" yet, lets try:

     1.    smiling. Yes...as wide as possible. Even if you don't feel like smiling. Fake it if you must. It's kinda tough to be negative/nasty when your lips are stretched upwards you know. Try it if you don't believe me! Smile when you wake up - just to give appreciation that you aren't in a deep, dark hole with worms for company! This should also give you the impetus to smile all day long.
     2.    finding ways to lighten up the lives of those you are blessed to meet everyday. Just conjure up simple small gestures that you can easily do. Like saying, "Hello". So what if people think you're mad. You'll get used to it - like I did.
     3.     being spontaneous. Find something to compliment about each person - something you truly feel merits blurting out in all sincerity. Like, "That colour looks great on you". You can bet it'll make the recipient feel like a million dollars. Trust me! I'm pretty good at this. I was once at a McD outlet at Giant, Taman Permata [the outlet is no longer there now]. It was past 5pm and the place was packed to the brim; the queue about 20 deep at each of its five or so counters. I happened to be at the one where a mak nyah was in charge. The poor soul! There was this totally foulmouthed so and so who harassed him no end. Even I felt like zipping his mouth! I watched the mak nyah getting more uptight by the second. So much so that he didn't have a smile to offer to the rest of the five customers before me; he hardly looked up when he served them. As I got nearer the counter, I noticed that he had the most glorious hair; silky and flowing beautifully, a beautiful mahogany hue. When it was my turn, I said "Hi" before he could, smiled at him while saying, "I love your hair. Who's your hairstylist?". Oh...you should see how his face lighted up! And how he was still smiling afterwards.
    4.    biting our tongues. Literally if you have to. Take at least ten seconds to think before you open your mouth every time you have the urge to say something nasty. Nasty may be deemed cool...if you're a rock star.

          These four simple actions have helped me tremendously in not getting murdered! Peace yo! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Need to practice the tongue biting!! hehehehe
    Peace Ijan!!
    Love u!

    ReplyDelete