Monday 21 January 2013

Laziness has set in!

          Laziness has set in! Oh me! Oh my! I'm in that state where I can just look at the five loads of washed but unfolded laundry - totally unmoved. Another load in the washer waiting to be hung. The laundry basket filled to the brim. I don't even want to talk about the ironing to be done.
          And....yea....I don't care. It's not going anywhere any time soon. It'll just wait patiently for me. And me sitting here tapping away without an iota of guilt. In fact, I'm thinking of catching a movie on youtube after this.
          Eversince I entered this state, I've been watching quite an impressive number of movies - by my standard that is. I'm NOT a movie/tv person. I can go for decades without paying any attention to these medias. Lately I've watched movies two to thirty years after their debut. Kinda fun really. Finally watched "When Harry Met Sally" in its entirety. Beginning to like Indonesian movies. Even several Malay ones. [I think Beto Kusyairi is a really cool actor....yea go, Beto, GO!]
          Have you ever had one of those days/weeks/months where you'd do everything else EXCEPT the things you're supposed to do? Well, I'm there now. Totally guilt free. Without remorse....yet. Stephen Covey's "first things first" a distant memory.....
          I'm revisiting my students days of too much coffee, too little sleep, too many cigarettes, eating just enough to survive, ....with a slight difference. Now there's this blessed, beautiful world called the internet. It transports me to new frontiers. Where everyday could be "extraordinaryday" if you do it right. I SO love this world!
          Right this moment, my books will just have to wait. Even the novels. Unfortunately there's no way I can ignore several academic ones as I'm a tutor. At least I'm done with Kerzner [never to be revisited I hope!].
          I can't afford to nod off. My grandkid is down with a fever. Her mum, one half of my twin daughters, is in hospital just hours away from a C-section. I'm antsy. Eventhough she assured me that everything's okay. That she'll be done by 10am, in sya Allah.
          A good thing I still drink circa 3 liters of water daily. It helps balance my system.
          Still.......s.i.g.h.......
          help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment